Thursday

Blindfolded.


I wouldn't know for sure because I have never felt it myself; but I believe that the act of falling in love is the same as someone trying to walk across a dark room, full of obstacles, with their eyes closed.

When face it with it, some people will simply turn around and search for another room. One with the light on. Safe.

But others will try. They'll be afraid at the start, but with every step towards the right place the fear will slowly fade away to be replaced by pure anxiousness and a bit of excitement at the possibility of reaching what they are aiming for. And, although the risk of getting hurt or lost and never able to find their way back to the right path is always present, they wont stop moving forward. No matter how many bumps they'll find along the way, they won't stop trying to walk ahead because they know that the reward at the other end of the room is good. The bright, new light, will always be worth it.

Falling in love must be an extraordinary experience for many, I'm sure. But to be honest, I don't have that natural -and quite common- faith that people seem to have when it comes to the most amazing feeling in the world. I'm a hopeless romantic, don't get me wrong; but outside of books, shows and movies, life hasn't really given me reasons to believe in that true and unconditionally love that plenty have found so easily.

It might be a matter of time, or maybe I'm just broken. Either way, the question still the same.

Is it really worth the risk: love?

That's an enigma that will never have a definitive answer because love is different for every single one of us. So, I guess the disclosure to that question is something that, with time, we will figure out for ourselves.

3 comments: