Friday

Someday...

I would love to visit:
The city that never sleeps.
Seriously.

I have been wanting to go to New York since forever (well, not really forever, because I didn't even know the correct name of that city when I was in Cuba. Then again, living there was like living in a completely different planet, so it was understandable). Anyways, ever since I started to watch TV series, movies and musicals... the magic that the city that never sleeps holds captivated me and made me fall in love, naturally, with everything that it can offer you when you know how to look for them in the right places.

And hopefully, it won't be long before I'm walking down Broadway and taking pictures of the Wicked banner and maybe, if I'm lucky enough, I'll stumble upon a celebrity or two ;)

Meanwhile, though, here's a list of things I want to do once I get there:
  • I want to do every single thing that a tourist would do on their first visit... like have breakfast at Tiffany's.
  • Eat a bagel every single morning I'm there.
  • Spend a whole afternoon lying down (it doesn't really matter if it is in grass, a bench, the floor or a fountain) just watching people walk by while I make up stories about them. It has to be somewhere in Central Park, though.
  • Watch all the Broadway shows! (but having in mind that I'm not rich, one or two should be just fine.)
  • Go to as many museums as possible.
  • Give money to an amazing street performer.
  • Visit Soho and believe for a second that I live there.
  • Fall asleep on the subway.
  • Go ice skating, just to fall on my butt, at the Rockefeller Center.
  • Try to get some tickets for an SNL show.
  • Eat in Chinatown and then buy a branded item at a ridiculous low price.
  • See one of my favorite bands in concert.
  • And see something (movie or TV show) being filmed on the streets.
For now, that's all I can come up at the top of my head... although I'm sure that much more ideas will come up the day I actually get there. Because no matter how long it takes, I will make it to New York one day.

That's a promise.

2 comments:

  1. "Go ice skating, just to fall on my butt, at the Rockefeller Center."

    I DID THIS ONE I DID THIS ONE

    ReplyDelete