Monday

The Age of Aquarius!

Last night, I went to see a local revival of the Broadway musical: Hair.

The program.
And I have to say, the show was pretty amazing! The lights were spot on. The wardrobe was really cool and fun and colorful. The ensemble did a tremendous job. The band -with their long hair and all- was incredibly good. The choreography was complex and delightful (I mean, the kids danced really great). The acting was super amazing, and I laughed my butt off whenever Woof, Hud or Berger had a line. And the songs were just so, so, so good! Especially "Hair", "White Boys" and "Aquarius". 

One of the members of the Tribe gave me a flier! And I have to say, the Hare Krishna was dope!  
I can genuinely say that Hair was a great experience for me. I haven't really get used to seeing musicals live yet, in fact, I don't think I ever will. I'm always in awe of the talent I see in front of me and I honestly hope that's something that never changes, because I love the feeling of being amazed.

Anyways, my favorite part of the musical was when they sang "Let The Sunshine In", I could feel that song in my bones! Oh, and true to the broadway fashion, the cast invited the audience to sing and dance with them in the stage after the show was done.

That's the band!
Of course, lucky me (even though I'm kind of socially awkward and I don't dance, I am seriously not saying this in a sarcastic way) they pulled me onto the stage. And I say lucky, because I got to take a couple of pics with my favorites of the night!

Woof was definitely my favorite.
And Berger was pretty awesome too!
The peace sign was a must, it seems! No, but really, I had a tremendous time and I hope I get to see them again in another production in the future. 

Now, since I couldn't film anything because it wasn't allowed, I shall end this post with a video featuring the original Broadway cast of Hair singing my two favorite songs from the musical "Aquarius" and "Let The Sunshine In"

No comments:

Post a Comment